Sunday, February 8, 2009

destination wedding

when i think destination wedding, i think of warm sand between my toes. my classy sister and her husband however are skiers, so they think of cold. if you're thinking of a cold classy place to go, think robert redford's sundance resort in utah. not only is it a village of bungalows gathered around a restaurant, a bar, a gift shop and a ski slope, the service is great. the staff will usher you around in their fleet of white SUVs. once, i couldn't remember which room i was in, a young man walked out of the back room and say "hi. you're in 34C, right?" and then he drove me there. the closest thing i had to a celebrity sighting was when my waiter said to me, "matthew perry ordered the same thing." i think it was pork, and it was delicious. the ceremony took place in a beautiful wooden building with huge windows overlooking a small lake. luminaries lit the paths running through the woods. classy. so i guess what i'm saying is, if you like to ski and get married and you have money, go to the sundance resort. i'm going to try to get my sister and her husband to write his/her versions of the honeymoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment